The following are the modified policies Effective December 23, 2020 for The Breakaway Ice Center. These follow the State Guidelines and are modified locally after the State rolled us back to Phase 3 step 1. While we do not agree with all of the guidelines, we are asking for support so that we can all enjoy the sport of hockey we love. We do have state mandated capacity limits and this plays a role in our process. The following applies to ALL PRACTICES AND / OR GAMES as noted~
*** For games : on-line waivers are NO LONGER required. We are trying to streamline the process especially for our in house teams. Check in is REQUIRED for one parent or spectator FOR YOUR OWN PLAYER ONLY.
1) BAGS ARE ALLOWED ONLY IF THE PLAYER COMES WITH HIS / HER “LOWERS” ALREADY ON. PLAYERS ALSO MUST LEAVE WITH LOWERS ON. YOU MAY NOT FULLY DRESS OR UNDRESS IN THE FACILITY.
2) WE HAVE NOW CREATED 4 NEW “CHANGING AREAS” IN BOTH RINKS WITH SIGNAGE MARKED “A-B-C-D” UPON ENTERING PLAYERS MAY GO TO THE ASSIGNED AREAS WITH BAGS AND PREPARE TO SKATE. BAGS AND PERSONAL ITEMS MAY BE LEFT IN THOSE ASSIGNED AREAS AND YOU MAY RETURN TO THOSE AREAS TO REMOVE SKATES AND QUICKLY EXIT THE BUILDING. (LOWERS MUST REMAIN ON AT ALL TIMES)
3) WE WILL NOW UTILIZE ONLY TWO EXITS. FOR RINK 1 ITS UNDER THE SCOREBOARD. FOR RINK 2 IT‘S THE EXIT TO THE SIDE BY THE TURF FIELDS.
4) ON SATURDAY MORNING ONLY WE HAVE CREATED A “MITE BUBBLE” FOR GAMES. PARENTS MAY ENTER WITH THE PLAYER AT THE SAME TIME.
5) ALL PARENTS / GUARDIANS ( EXCEPT FOR MITES) MAY NOT ENTER FOR GAMES UNTIL PLAYERS ARE ON THE ICE FOR WARMUPS AND THE BUILDING HAS BEEN CLEARED FROM THE PRIOR GAME.
6) BATHROOM FACILITIES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU ARE ENTERING FOR A PRACTICE ( PLAYERS ONLY) OR GAMES. ( PLAYERS AND PARENTS) WE CAN NO LONGER ALLOW ACCESS TO THE RESTROOMS AT ANY OTHER TIME.
7) COACHES MUST CHECK IN FOR GAMES AT THE FRONT DESK 20-30 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED GAME AND PROVIDE A ROSTER STICKER OR FULL USA HOCKEY ROSTER TO STAFF. THIS APPLIES TO ALL TEAMS (RANGER/VIPERS AS WELL) THIS WILL BE USED TO CHECK IN ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN PER PLAYER AND CONTACT TRACE. NO SIBLINGS ARE ALLOWED. PLAYERS MAY NOT ENTER UNTIL THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY A COACH.
8) THE USE OF ROLLER BLADES INSIDE THE FACILITY IS PROHIBITED. PLAYERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE THEM UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY AND NOT PUT THEM BACK ON UNTIL THEY REACH THE EXIT DOORS.
9) FOR IN HOUSE TEAMS THAT HAVE OFF ICE TRAINING – YOU WILL NOW ENTER THE FACILITY AND FOLLOW THE TV SCREEN ON WHERE TO PUT YOUR BAGS AND CHANGE.
10) NO ONE MAY USE THE LOBBY TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME. THIS APPLIES TO PLAYERS AND COACHES.
HERE ARE MORE DETAILS ON PROCEDURES:
1)WE ARE ALLOWING ONE SPECTATOR PER PLAYER FOR GAMES ONLY! We will use the following protocols:
A) Only one Parent or legal guardian will be admitted per player. (This is due to State restrictions on capacity which has been reduced significantly for our facility)YOU MAY ONLY COME TO SEE YOUR OWN PLAYER.
B) No siblings are allowed at this time.
C) Upon arrival please check in at the front desk with your name and players name.
D) Parents/Guardians will NOT be admitted to the facility until the team is on the Ice for warm-ups and the building has been cleared of spectators and players from the previous game.
E) We would ask you as spectators to leave the building immediately after the game you are attending and meet your player outside.
2) Players may enter the building 15 to 20 minutes before the Zamboni is going on the ice from the previous game. No players may enter until a coach has checked in with a roster or sticker. We will notify coaches outside the front door. Please be ready right outside. This applies to practices and games. Coaches should have your teams ready to go outside.
3) No Locker Rooms or Showers are available. NO CHANGING OF CLOTHES/REMOVAL OF SHIRTS OR PANTS MAY OCCUR INSIDE THE FACILITY.
4) Goalies may enter without leg pads if necessary and use the designated area to put on pads. Coaches may assist the player if necessary. GOALIES ONLY will be admitted 20 minutes before games and practices.
TO BE CLEAR PLAYERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE FACILITY AFTER PRACTICES AND GAMES. THEY WILL LEAVE THE BENCH AREA AND EXIT. IN SUMMARY PLAYERS COME IN ONE WAY AND EXIT ANOTHER TO MINIMIZE CONTACT.
5) All Players will enter the facility through the main entrance. For teams with off ice training bags will be left in your assigned areas.
6) Goalies with off ice training will also have a new designated area. See Mike.
7) NO Socializing/ Gathering / outside of vehicles in the parking lots. Parents must remain in their own vehicles or vacate the parking lot.
8)Masks and Face Coverings must be worn at all times by all Players/Coaches/Officials/Timekeepers/Staff even while the games are being played
We appreciate your support and understand everyone may not agree with the policies. At this time these are the rules we are adopting and using. Please check back regularly to our website for any changes